Between his on-and-off again relationship with Selena Gomez, constant battles with media outlets, and various scandals ranging from his meeting with a Brazilian escort to owning an illegal pet monkey, Justin’s faced a bad reputation this past year.
Some claim that Justin’s year has mainly been composed of mishaps, a false retirement, and craze. Throughout the wild behavior, Justin immersed himself in charitable acts, including granting his 200th wish for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The attention he has received, however, HAS NOT reflected the charitable acts he has completed, but more-so Justin’s received attention for the negative aspects of the controversy-filled year.
The top10 list below provides insight to the other side of Justin Bieber in 2013 – the side NOT OFTEN portrayed by the media.
1. Justin granted his 200th Wish for Make-A-Wish
2. Justin makes a surprise visits at Whitney Elementary School
3. Justin Bieber’s “Baby” made history when he received the Diamond Award, which reached 12x platinum, making it the #1 most certified song in US music history.
4. Working with Pencils of Promise, Justin helped build another school in Guatamala.
5. Justin performed over 150 shows and visited over 40 countries during his BELIEVE TOUR.
6. Justin raised over 1 million and visited the victims of typhoon Yolanda in the philippines.
7. surprise fans during Believe movie.
8. Justin Bieber surprised car-accident survivor Kate O’Neill.
9. The first artist, before the age of 19, to achieve five number one albums
10. He received the first ever Billboard Milestone Award.